Rape Response provides prevention education to local high school and college campuses as well as 7th grade Healthy Relationships and 8th grade Keeping it Safe curriculum to students with parental permission in the following counties:
Kim Glaze, Education Coordinator, along with Natalie Millican & Carrie-Anne Hunt, Prevention Educators, teach the 7th and 8th grade curriculums to more than 3,000 students annually. These classes are taught with sensitivity and candor. Response by parents, teachers and students is always positive and enthusiastic.
Central concepts of the middle school prevention education curriculum include:
• Understanding Georgia law on rape, sexual assault, and statutory rape
• Consent and coercion definitions
• Lowering the risk for personal involvement with sexual assault
• How to respond if a friend is in pain regarding a sexual assault
• Tips on healthy relationships and communicating boundaries
• Personal and legal implications of "sexting"
• How to make smart choices when using social media
To request more information on the curriculum, click here:http://raperesponse.fullmediadev.com/curriculum-request/