Spring 2017 Volunteer Training
Rape Response volunteers answer crisis line calls and provide medical accompaniment to survivors during forensic medical examinations in the hospital emergency department. Volunteers are on call two week nights or one weekend per month and are free to maintain their own schedules.
The next Rape Response volunteer training will begin in February 2017. If you are interested in participating, please fill out a volunteer application. If you have any questions, call (770) 503-7273 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer applications can be found under the "Volunteer Resources" tab at the top of the page.
Dancing for a Cause
On August 26th, 2017, 10 local celebrities will be competing in their very own version of "Dancing with the Stars" to raise community awareness and support for three human service agencies serving Hall County including Rape Response, Center Point and Alliance for Literacy.
For more information, visit www.dancehallcounty.com.
Free Stewards of Children Training
Help children stay safe from sexual predators.
“Increase your awareness to Prevent child Sexual Abuse”
Free workshop for parents, staff, and volunteers advocating for children.
Please call 770-503-7273 or email email@example.com to set up a training.
The Stewards of Children program will increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations and personnel.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan